Today is International Frugal Fun Day.
I’m not sure who has proclaimed today as International Frugal Fun Day… but I don’t need much of an excuse to have fun on a budget!
Not sure how to celebrate this frugal holiday? Here are 10 ideas:
- Go to a park and play. Bring a ball or a frisbee and play a game with the kids.
- Break out a board game and challenge your family to a tournament.
- Go to your favorite thrift store and see what treasures you can find. Get creative for Halloween or find a wacky gag gift for someone.
- Bake something special to share.
- Do something progressive. One person starts a story, then gives the last line to the next person, and so on. Or a party starts at one person’s house with an appetizer, then on to the next house for the next course, and so on until dessert.
- Head outdoors. Go for a nature walk, take a swim, or hop on a bike. Being outside can do wonders for your mood.
- Look through family photo albums and tell your kids stories about the pictures.
- Visit an older relative you haven’t seen in awhile.
- Make a greeting card or create a craft for a friend.
- Head to the library and get a great book to read or video to watch.
These are just a few of the ways my family and I like to spend time when we’re on a budget.
What are your favorite ways to have frugal fun?
About Christina Brown
Christina loves clipping coupons, pinching pennies, and chasing her three boys (a 10-year-old and twin 8-year-olds) as a stay-at-home mom.