10 Easy Ways to Stretch Your Grocery Budget
1. Use every little bit of food that you can.
I will admit, that I have been a food waster in the past. I’ve tossed the last little bit of green beans from dinner. I’ve thrown out the last tablespoon of ketchup because I didn’t want to take the time to get it out of the bottle. And I know I’m not the alone as there have been reports that estimate Americans waste as much as 20 pounds of food a month. That’s a lot of money that’s just being thrown in the trash!
2. Challenge yourself to use what you have on hand.
3. Eat the leftovers.
4. Stop buying what you know you won’t eat.
5. Plan your menus.
6. Learn what the expiration dates on your food really mean.
7. Rotate your inventory.
8. Store your food properly.
9. Compost what you can.
10. Make your own stuff.
Note: This post contains affiliate links that help support this site at no additional cost to you. Please read our full disclosure policy for more info.