I just can’t help it: Even though I’m not in love with cooking, I’m in love with kitchen gadgets and tools.
Here’s my top 10 list of favorite kitchen tools (in no particular order):
1) Crock Pot. Dump the food in, wait 4-6 hours, and dinner is done. Gotta love that!
2) FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer. I have used this vacuum sealer for all kinds of things, including packaging up bulk meat purchases and making my own 100-calorie snack packs. I’ve even used it to shrink down the amount of space my kids’ spare outfits take up in the diaper bag.
3) Silicone Scraper. A must-have in every frugal person’s kitchen. How else are you going to get the last little bit of peanut butter out of the jar?
4) JarPop. My grandma believed a woman should always be able to open her own jars without a man in the house and this tool does the job.
5) Rice Cooker. I could never make rice until I got one of these. It’s good for steaming veggies, too.
6) Juice Pitcher. Another good tool in the frugal mom’s aresenal. You can stretch a can of juice concentrate by adding just a bit more juice than the can says. The kids never know the difference.
7) Food Processor. This was actually one of the first gifts my husband every gave me… but I asked for it! This has been an indispensable tool for once-a-month cooking, whipping up a batch of homemade salsa, and making homemade baby food for the kids.
8) French Fry Cutter. I just got one of these for Christmas this year, and I must say, it makes making homemade french fries an absolute breeze!
9) Rubbermaid Containers. I use these to store leftovers and to freeze things. They’re great in the freezer and in the microwave.
10) Presto PowerPop. I don’t know if I could live without my microwave popcorn popper! We use ours all the time and it’s so much healthier than store-bought microwave popcorn.Note: This post contains affiliate links that help support this blog at no additional cost to you. Please read my full disclosure policy for more info.