If you’re thinking about making money by starting a small business, you don’t have to immediately look for retail & commercial real estate. That sort of investment isn’t probably within your budget anyway. But if you’re just aiming for some quick cash by selling some of your unused and old possessions, you don’t actually need a shop. You can just sell your products online.
You don’t even need your own website either, unless you really want to take your home-based business to the next level. You can find platforms that take in many types of products and items that you didn’t know that people will actually want to buy. Here are some items that you can sell:
- Old clothes. You can hit two birds with one stone by de-cluttering your closet and then selling the unwanted clothes online. If you haven’t checked out your entire wardrobe for a while, you may see a lot of clothes that you haven’t worn for years. These are the clothes you need to get rid of, and you can make money off them too.
- Old books. With the advent of ebooks, many paperbacks and hardbound books are just taking up space in your home. They’re just a fire hazard, and they may attract termites as well.
- Blood donations. If you’re healthy, you can visit clinics that pay blood donors. Some of these places can allow you to donate blood as often as twice a week. Screening during your first visit may take about 2 hours, but then subsequent visits should only take an hour or so.
- Egg donation. This can work for you if you’re a healthy female within 21 tom 32 years old and a non-smoker. You can even make anywhere from $5,000 to $8,000.
- Breast milk. Yes, you read that right. There are websites like onlythebreast.com that allow you to donate or sell your breast milk. These are meant to make sure that babies get healthy milk.
- Medical research. You can try to participate in a clinical research study. Usually these studies try to see the effects of new medications before they’re sold in pharmacies. Your payment depends on the type of medicine your taking and how much time you participate in the study.
- Hair donation. Various websites buy long hair that some companies use to make wigs. You will need at least 10 inches of healthy hair to make it work. But it can pay $100 at least, and sometimes the pay can reach $4,000.
- Old “one-time” dresses. Do you have your wedding dress just hanging there in your closet? What about an old prom dress that you don’t really wear anymore? You can clear space from your closet and help out another young lady by selling your dresses to them. Usually these dresses won’t fetch more than $30, but then they can really help a girl out for their special occasions.
- CDs, DVDs and video game disks. These things are just taking space up in your home. Just copy them to your hard disk or external drive and then sell them off. Some sites will buy them off you when you have at least 10 of them to sell.
- Old electronics. Most homes have plenty of electronic appliances that are either outdated or no longer work. The good news is that you can easily find websites and people who want to buy them from you. Items like your older smartphones can fetch a bit of money.
As you may notice, you have a lot of “old” stuff on this list. So check your home for these unused and unwanted items, and just sell them online instead. That should give you a bit of pocket money for a while!