I’ve got a couple of friends who are currently in crummy job situations. And it is making them pretty miserable.
They both realize that in today’s economy, quitting that job before they find a new one could be disastrous.
So how should they deal with it?
1) Find outside interests and hobbies. Make your time away from work so interesting that you want to return to work just so you can rest.
2) Work even harder. It will make the time go faster, and it’s more satisfying to leave a job you hate when you can leave them in a state of panic (sorry, that’s my evil side showing!)
3) Watch Office Space. A couple of hours watching this cult classic will leave you smiling.
4) Re-train on the down-low. Take an evening class or an online course. Learn a new skill that would make you more marketable for your next job.
5) Volunteer. Helping those less fortunate than you can help you appreciate your current situation.