The year 2010 brought many great experiences for Northern Cheapskate. Northern Cheapskate celebrated its third year now boasts more than 1,600 posts on coupons, deals, and frugal living.
This was a busy year. In addition to my regular posting schedule, I was fortunate to do some freelance writing for several brands, including S.C. Johnson & Company, and Pull-Ups. I was invited to the National Box Tops for Education University, and was a guest speaker at the first-ever Minnesota Blogger Conference. The site underwent a complete redesign and I’ve also added 2 additional writers, Michelle and Susan, to share their take on all things frugal.
And somewhere in there, I found time to be with my family. I’m grateful for all of your inspiration and encouragement. This blog would not be what it is today without each and every one of you. Thank you for making Northern Cheapskate my dream job!
I’d like to take this time to share with you some of the highlights of 2010 here at Northern Cheapskate.
Most Popular Frugal Living Posts in 2010
- 20 Places to Find Free Books Online
- Top Company Mailing Lists to Be On for Free Stuff
- 7 Magazines That Can Help You Save Money
- Rural Living Has Its Financial Perks
- The Things We “Need”
- Take the No Eating Out Challenge
- Tips for Selling on Consignment
- Season Finale: Reflections on my First Garden
- Easy Money: How I saved $280 with Minimal Effort
- How to Save Big on Home Appliances
Most Discussed Post in 2010
Blogs Who Sent the Most Traffic My Way in 2010
(A big “Thank you!” to these blogs! Please pay them a visit as well as some other great blogs on this list!)
- Deal Seeking Mom
- Coupon Cravings
- Freebies 4 Mom
- Baby Cheapskate
- The Simple Dollar
- The Consumerist
- Tip Hero
- Wise Bread
- Frugal Focus
- Common Sense with Money
Please help me make 2011 a great year for Northern Cheapskate! You can show your support in any of the following ways:
- Tell your friends, family and co-workers about Northern Cheapskate.
- Subscribe to Northern Cheapskate (it’s free, and you’ll always know when I’ve posted something new).
- Become a fan of Northern Cheapskate on Facebook. I often share things on Facebook that I don’t have time to blog about, and I’ve been known to start a conversation or two.
- Follow me on Twitter. I love having short chats with my readers.
- Link to me either in a post on your blog, or in your blog roll.
- Support the advertisers on my site. Please note: I only want you to purchase something if you truly want to make a purchase and can afford it… otherwise, what’s the point of this blog, anyway? You can also support me by printing coupons from my site. You save money and I earn a few pennies! You can read my full disclosure policy for more info.
- Comment frequently on my blog. It helps me understand what topics you are interested in and helps remind me that I’m not just writing for myself. Comments also inspire other readers. One of the things I love about Northern Cheapskate is the community we’re building.
- Send me tips, ideas and questions.
- Share my posts with others. If you come across a particular post you love, please post it on Facebook, Twitter, e-mail it, Stumble it, or bookmark it on your favorite social networking site.
- Take what you’ve learned from Northern Cheapskate and use it to live a better life. There is no better “Thank You” than that!
I hope you’ve enjoyed the past year as much as I have. Here’s wishing you a happy and rich 2011!