Northern Cheapskate is four years old now, and we have so much to celebrate.
Our audience has grown, we added the very talented Jessica to our list of writers, and we’ve gained some national exposure with mentions in All You and Parents magazine. We’ve shared deals, do-it-yourself projects, home organization know-how and personal finance advice.
And we couldn’t do it without all of you! Thank you for allowing us to share our frugal journey with you!
We’d like to take this time to share with you some of the highlights of 2011 here at Northern Cheapskate. The simple act of looking back reminds us of why we do what we do and pushes us to move forward.
Most Popular Frugal Living Posts in 2011
- Save Money with DIY Dryer Sheets
- The Harsh Reality of Living with Next to Nothing
- Extreme Couponing: Is it Too Extreme?
- Organizing on a Budget: Keeping Up
- Get Organized with a Family Binder
- A Bushel of Gardening Tips from Readers
- Seven Ways to Find Secondhand Sales
- 24 Easy Ways to Save Energy & Reduce Your Heating Bill
- Get Free Books without a Kindle or Nook
- How to Replace Your Entire Wardrobe
Sites Who Sent the Most Traffic to Us in 2011
(A big “Thank you!” to these websites and blogs! Please pay them a visit as well as some other great blogs on this list!)
- Deal Seeking Mom
- Tip Hero
- Freebies 4 Mom
- Coupon Cravings
- Frugal Dad
- Frugal Focus
- Finances Your Way
- Money Talks News
- Money Saving Mom
- Wise Bread
Please help us make 2012 a great year for Northern Cheapskate! You can show your support in any of the following ways:
- Tell your friends, family and co-workers about Northern Cheapskate.
- Subscribe to Northern Cheapskate (it’s free, and you’ll always know when I’ve posted something new).
- Become a fan of Northern Cheapskate on Facebook. I often share things on Facebook that I don’t have time to blog about, and I’ve been known to start a conversation or two. You can also find Northern Cheapskate on Google+.
- Follow me on Twitter. I love having short chats with my readers.
- Link to me either in a post on your blog, or in your blog roll.
- Support our advertisers. Please note: I only want you to purchase something if you truly want to make a purchase and can afford it… otherwise, what’s the point of this blog, anyway? You can also support me by printing coupons from my site. You save money and I earn a few pennies! You can read my full disclosure policy for more info.
- Comment frequently on my blog. It helps me understand what topics you are interested in and helps remind me that I’m not just writing for myself. Comments also inspire other readers. One of the things I love about Northern Cheapskate is the community we’re building.
- Send us tips, ideas, or ask us a question.
- Share our posts with others. If you come across a particular post you love, please post it on Facebook, Twitter, e-mail it, Stumble it, or bookmark it on your favorite social networking site.
- Take what you’ve learned from Northern Cheapskate and use it to live a better life. There is no better “Thank You” than that!
We hope you’ve enjoyed the past year as much as we have. Here’s wishing you a happy and rich 2012!