It’s been another good year for Northern Cheapskate. And I couldn’t be more delighted to say that has been the case for FIVE years!
It’s been a busy year. We’ve shared freebies, deals, do-it-yourself projects, home organization know-how and personal finance advice. We survived a variety of challenges and got things done. And behind the scenes, we made some improvements to Northern Cheapskate (a new web host and a new e-mail provider) that will make visiting Northern Cheapskate easier.
Thank you so much for helping make Northern Cheapskate what it is! We couldn’t do what we do without your visits, comments, and support.
We’d like to take this time to share with you the best of Northern Cheapskate in 2012. We hope you enjoy our look back and join us as we move forward.
Most Popular Frugal Living Posts in 2012
- Teacher Appreciation Week: Do’s and Don’ts
- How to Make Chalk Paint
- DIY Frosted Glass
- Four Ways to Dress Up a Brownie Mix
- Trading In My Old Blackberry for Cash
- Bringing In Extra Income While Staying at Home
- How to Make a Bed Warmer or Hot/Cold Pad.
- DIY: How to Hang Picture Frames
- Getting It Done: Just In Case File
- How to Save Money When Eating Out with Young Kids
Sites Who Sent the Most Traffic to Us in 2012
(A big “Thank you!” to these websites and blogs! Please pay them a visit as well as some other great blogs on this list!)
- Deal Seeking Mom
- Tip Hero
- Freebies 4 Mom
- Money Your Way
- Frugal Focus
- Minnesota Brown (My hubby’s blog!)
- Baby Cheapskate
- Five Cent Nickel
- Musings of a Midlife Mom
- Tightwad Blog
A plea for your continued support
Please help us make 2013 a great year for Northern Cheapskate! You can show your support in any of the following ways:
- Tell your friends, family and co-workers about Northern Cheapskate.
- Subscribe to Northern Cheapskate (it’s free, and you’ll always know when I’ve posted something new).
- Become a fan of Northern Cheapskate on Facebook. I often share things on Facebook that I don’t have time to blog about, and I’ve been known to start a conversation or two. You can also see what I’m pinning on Pinterest and follow Northern Cheapskate on Google+.
- Follow me on Twitter. I love having short chats with my readers.
- Link to me either in a post on your blog, or in your blog roll.
- Support our advertisers. Please note: I only want you to purchase something through the links on this blog if you truly want to make the purchase and can afford it… otherwise, what’s the point of this blog, anyway? You can also support me by printing coupons from my site. You save money and I earn a few pennies! You can read my full disclosure policy for more info.
- Comment frequently on my blog. It helps me understand what topics you are interested in and helps remind me that I’m not just writing for myself. Comments also inspire other readers. One of the things I love about Northern Cheapskate is the community we’re building.
- Send us tips, ideas, or ask us a question.
- Share our posts with others. If you come across a particular post you love, please post it on, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Google Plus. Please e-mail posts to a friend, Stumble it, or bookmark it on your favorite social networking site. All the buttons you need to do those things are at the bottom of each post!
- Take what you’ve learned from Northern Cheapskate and use it to live a better life. There is no better “Thank You” than that!
We hope you’ve enjoyed the past year as much as we have. Here’s wishing you a happy and healthy 2013!