This year has been another great year for Northern Cheapskate. We’ve continued to grow, and just recently, we got a new look. We’ve been sharing our ideas for seven years now – all because of you and your support. So thank you!
We’d like to take this time to share with you the best of Northern Cheapskate in 2014. We hope you enjoy our look back and join us as we move forward.
Most Popular Frugal Living Posts in 2014
- How to Price Items for a Garage Sale
- 10 Ways to Re-Use Like a Cheapskate
- The Biggest Mistake People Make When Budgeting
- 5 Routines to Help You Save on Groceries
- Free Printable Coloring Sheets for Big Kids and Grown-Ups
- DIY American Girl Doll Closet
- 5 Routines to Help You Save on Utilities
- 11 Ways to Save Money on Groceries
- How to Turn Crystallized Honey Back Into a Liquid
- Decluttering a Messy Pantry
Sites Who Sent the Most Traffic to Us in 2014
(A big “Thank you!” to these websites and blogs! Please pay them a visit!)
- Songbirds & Buttons (Kendall Rayburn)
- Free Homeschool Deals
- Premeditated Leftovers
- The Coupon Challenge
- Tip Hero
- Mission to Save
- Snail Pace Transformations
- Three Thrifty Guys
- Wise Bread
- Modest Money
A plea for your continued support
Please help us make 2015 another great year for Northern Cheapskate! You can show your support in any of the following ways:
- Tell your friends, family and co-workers about Northern Cheapskate.
- Subscribe to Northern Cheapskate. It’s free, and you’ll always know when I’ve posted something new.
- Become a fan of Northern Cheapskate on Facebook or follow Northern Cheapskate on Google+. I often share things there that I don’t have time to blog about, and I’ve been known to start a conversation or two. Pin any articles you love from Northern Cheapskate on Pinterest and be sure to see what I’m pinning on Pinterest.
- Follow me on Twitter. I love having short chats with my readers.
- Link to me either in a post on your blog, or in your blog roll.
- Support our advertisers. Please note: I only want you to purchase something through the links on this blog if you truly want to make the purchase and can afford it… otherwise, what’s the point of this blog, anyway? You can also support me by printing coupons from my site. You save money and I earn a few pennies! You can read my full disclosure policy for more info.
- Comment frequently on my blog. It helps me understand what topics you are interested in and helps remind me that I’m not just writing for myself. Comments also inspire other readers. One of the things I love about Northern Cheapskate is the community we’re building.
- Send us tips, ideas, or ask us a question.
- Share our posts with others. If you come across a particular post you love, please post it on, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Google Plus. Please e-mail posts to a friend, Stumble it, or bookmark it on your favorite social networking site. All the buttons you need to do those things are at the bottom of each post!
- Take what you’ve learned from Northern Cheapskate and use it to live a better life. There is no better “Thank You” than that!
We hope you’ve enjoyed the past year as much as we have. Here’s wishing you a happy and healthy 2015!
Really appreciate your column, have learned many things from reading it over past several years. You speak of ordinary obvious thoughts, ideas, & hints that really do help.
I found some clever ideas from your crochet work, since I don’t know how to knit. And I have shared those with friends who don’t have PC’s.
I feel very fortunate that 12 yrs. ago my overly intelligent now 60 yr. old son, sent me a PC & the rest is history.
Thank you again,Happy New Year,
Christina Brown says
Thanks, Joan! I’m glad you find the site useful! Happy New Year!