The busy summer months have a way of dousing your money-saving mojo. It’s easy to forget your coupons at home, miss out on deals, and let the budget slip a little.
Now that the kids are back in school, it’s a great time to get things back on track. And you can start by celebrating National Coupon Month.
This month will be chock full of savings opportunities. Revisit Coupons 101 to get back in the couponing game, get a sneak peek at Sunday newspaper coupons, and check out our coupon resources for some great ways to save.
In addition, here are some other ways you can celebrate the savings:
Join the Coupons.com Saving Club
During National Coupon Month, you can get a free one-year membership to the Coupons.Com Saving Club (a $30 value). When you sign up, you’ll get access to free high value printable coupons not available anywhere else.
Just a heads up – because this is an automatically renewing membership, you will be asked to submit a credit card up front, but the 1-year membership is totally free. Just make a note on your calendar (or set a reminder on your phone) to cancel before it auto-renews. There’s no penalty for cancelling at anytime. If you don’t have a credit card (or don’t want to use one), you can use a prepaid debit card (like the ones you get with mail-in rebates sometimes).
I signed up for this free membership the last time it was offered and I’ve seen some great coupons on everything from household products to candy to organic foods.
Celebrate National Coupon Month with Savings.com
Savings.com, Savings Nation and Valpak are also sponsoring a variety of activities to celebrate National Coupon Month. Check out these events:
- Start off the month on the right note, by downloading the free Savings Playbook courtesy of Savings.com and Valpak.
- Enter to win up to $200 cash and a grocery makeover with a Savings Nation Ambassador. Share a short video telling everyone why you need help with your grocery budget before 9/10/12 and you’ll be entered to win.
- Join the Savings.com Deal Pros for a live Facebook chat at 8 p.m. CT on Wednesday, September 5, 2012. The chat will cover Grocery Savings 101, so don’t miss out!
- Watch @savings for details on the live Twitter Chat at 8 p.m. CT on Thursday, September 20, 2012. The Deal Pros will be celebrating National Coupon Month and giving away some great prizes to participants. Follow #SavingsNation for more info.
- And if you’re still looking for more help trimming your grocery bill, you can find a Savings Nation coupon class in your local area on Monday, September 24, 2012.
Coupons are one of my favorite ways to save money. Spend just an hour a week clipping coupons and planning your shopping trips, and you can easily save $1,000 a year or more. That’s something to celebrate!
Note: This post contains affiliate links that help support this site at no additional cost to you. Please read our full disclosure policy for more information.