One of the ways I love to save money is by shopping through Ebates.
Every time you shop through Ebates, you can earn cash back on your purchases. It’s an easy way to save money when shopping online.
When I first started using Ebates, I used it primarily when purchasing clothing and electronics. But now that I’m a seasoned user, I’ve found some creative ways to save with Ebates:
Creative Ways to Save with Ebates
Cell phones. Planning on buying a new cell phone? If you’re willing to enter into a new contract in order to save, you could earn as much as $95 cash back on that new phone!
Weight Watchers. If your goal is to lose weight, start right with some savings. When you sign up for Weight Watchers (either the online program or the Monthly Pass meetings option), you get up to $14 back on your first purchase.
Travel. Before you book a flight, rent a car, or reserve a hotel room, check Ebates first. You may be pleasantly surprised to find that you are able to recoup some of your travel expenses by earning cash back through Ebates.
Apple products. As someone who loves Apple products, I know first hand that it can be a real challenge to save money on them. The price is set – and aside from the holidays – there aren’t many sales. Well, if you shop through Ebates, you can earn 1 percent cash back at Apple and 1.5 percent back at Mac Connection. (Hey, it’s better than nothing!). And if you’re an iTunes junkie, you can earn 3 percent cash back on your iTunes purchases.
Gift Cards. Ebates has a huge list of retailers that allow you to earn cash back (up to 20 percent) when you purchase gift cards through Ebates. Use this bit of knowledge to stretch your budget by purchasing gift cards for stores where you shop. Or remember this during the holidays when you’re looking for last minute gift ideas.
Food. From coffee to steak, there are dozens of ways to save money on groceries when you shop through Ebates. Check out places like Omaha Steaks, Restaurants.com and more for savings.
In-store Pickup. Some merchants at Ebates (like Home Depot and Sears), allow you to earn cash back on purchases you make at home and then pick up at your local store. This can be a great way to comparison shop, save time, and keep a little bit more of your hard-earned money.
New to Ebates? Here’s How to Get Started:
- Sign-up for an account at Ebates. It’s free and just takes a few minutes. You can earn a $10 gift card (or $5 cash) for signing up when you spend your first $25 through Ebates.
- Search for the store where you would like to shop. There are more than 1,500 great stores to shop. You can also search by item and then select your store from the merchants that carry the item. If you’re just browsing, you can even search by the percentage of cash back.
- Once you find the store where you plan to shop, just click on the link for it. Ebates will create a tracking ticket so it can make sure you get your cash back. Depending on where you shop, you’ll earn up to 40% cash back on your purchases!
- Place your order. Your cash back will be credited to your Ebates account in just a few days. Ebates cuts checks quarterly – and you’ll get your first “Big Fat Check” from Ebates after you’ve earned $5.01 or more in cash back from Ebates. Don’t forget, if you’re new, you’ll also get a bonus for signing up. Please note, that referral bonuses don’t count towards your $5.01 total.
- Tell your friends and family about Ebates. For each person you refer to Ebates, you’ll get a bonus.
- Connect with Ebates. Stay on top of all the latest deals from Ebates by signing up for e-mail alerts, becoming a fan of Ebates on Facebook, or following Ebates on Twitter.
Ebates is a really simple way to save money while shopping online. I’ve already earned hundreds of dollars in cash back on my purchases since I started using Ebates four years ago. It’s definitely one of my favorite ways to shop!
Note: This post contains affiliate links that help support this site at no additional cost to you. Please see our full disclosure policy for more information.