While I try to convince my husband that I’m perfect (he’s kind enough not to point out the truth), I must admit that I’m far from it.
I do my best to lead a frugal lifestyle, but I am human. Sometimes time constraints or a case of “the wants” throw me off the path.
So I thought I’d share a few “unfrugal” things that I do.
1) My kids use disposable diapers. Yes, I know cloth are cheaper. Yes, I know in the long run I’m destroying the environment… But I am a BUSY, BUSY mom, and I do enough laundry already. My time is valuable.
2) I don’t give anyone haircuts in my family (except the dog). I have bad luck giving people haircuts. (Like, don’t leave the house for a few days bad.) And since my husband talks in front of people all the time… it’s important that he not look like he gave himself a haircut!
3) I use paper towels. Too much gooey, sticky, yucky stuff with three boys ages three and under in my house!
4) I send greeting cards. Yes. Even ones that cost $4 each. It’s awful. But I like cards, especially Hallmark.
5) I scrapbook. Which means I buy ink, paper, accessories, print photos… you name it. But you can’t put a price on memories, right?
My point is that we all have things we’re willing to bend on in our budgets. Just be sure that if you splurge on one convenience, be sure to tighten someplace else.
So what “unfrugal” things do you do?