As a kid, I loved it when teachers created activities that made math fun. I adored playing “Number Crunchers” on the computer or playing with my “Little Professor,” which drilled me on all kinds of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division problems.
So my inner math nerd was pretty excited to see this freebie:
Download 10 Everyday Math apps for your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad for FREE through Sunday, April 17. The math apps give students in Kindergarten through 6th grade a quick, easy, and fun way to practice and reinforce different concepts in mathematics.
- Divisibility Dash
- Baseball Multiplication
- Beat the Computer (Multiplication)
- Equivalent Fractions Solitaire with Pictures
- Monster Squeeze (Greater Than, Less Than)
- Top-It Addition
- E-Flashcards (comes with a Science set, can download more for free)
- Top-It Subtraction with 2-digit numbers
- Name That Number (Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division)
The math apps were created by McGraw-Hill Education. Some of the apps are for two players to add a little friendly competition.
You can also download the vocabulary-building app Bluster! for the iPad for free.