Pull out the hot-glue gun and felt! It’s time to make some homemade gifts for the holidays!
Now, for the record, I will be the first to admit: I am not craft or creative.
But I can find my way around the internet, and I know there are lots of other folks who are crafty AND creative and can help me come up with frugal gift ideas.
Here are a few basic frugal gift ideas that I have done in the past:
- Photo gifts such as calendars, scrapbooks, t-shirts, and collages.
- Gifts-in-a-jar. I’ve made all kinds of soups and cookies.
- Art bag for kids. I planned this during back-to-school sales and stocked up on markers, pens, pencils, crayons, glue, construction paper, scissors, etc., and put it all together in a tote bag I decorated with fabric paint.
- Mixed CDs. Now I’m showing my age. Ugh.
- Handmade greeting cards
- Handmade Coupon books. Depending on the recipient, you can offer everything from free housecleaning to a backrub.
- Perpetual Calendars. Especially helpful for remembering important dates in your family.
- Gift baskets of all kinds… watch sales for great deals on snacks and candy.
I’m quite behind on my holiday planning this year, so I also did a little surfing to find some other ideas:
All Free Crafts – There’s enough in here to keep you busy for a lifetime!
Family Fun – Lots of crafts to make with the kids.
Etsy – If you can’t make it yourself, find someone who can!
Thrifty Fun – This list includes gift ideas for guys, too.
About.com:Family Crafts – Pages and pages of good ideas for everyone.
Homespun Heart – Some very beautiful, simple ideas.
What are some homemade gifts you’ve given (or received)? I would love to hear your ideas!
Leave a Reply