A month into the new year. And how am I doing on my New Year’s Resolutions?
Okay, there are some things that are going well. But others, not so well.
- I am down to one can of soda a day. I just can’t seem to let the last one go yet.
- I have started to write down a budget and track my expenditures.
- I checked my credit reports, and was encouraged by the results.
- I have gathered more stuff for my garage sale.
- I have exercised three times in the past month (and that was in the first week of January.)
- I have not actually stayed within my budget. In fact, I’m frighteningly far from following it.
- I opted not to price or organize items for my garage sale like I planned. Instead, it is in a giant pile of boxes in a basement closet. UGH.
I’m really big on personal responsibility. So I look at the last list of things I failed to do and ask myself, “What am I going to do about it?”
Well, first, I’m going to acknowledge that it takes time to build good habits and to break bad ones. I will start fresh this month with a better attitude and new resolve. I will ease slowly into exercise. And I will work on my budget to make it more realistic for our financial situation.
Rome wasn’t built in a day… Baby steps…. that’s what it’s all about.
How are your resolutions going?