Every new year, I get a little wistful about making resolutions. So this year I decided to make some resolutions that you all could share with me. If we all tackled these, we would be healthier, happier, and have a little bigger wallet.
In the year 2008, I resolve to:
- Create a written budget. I will keep better track of my money so I don’t wonder where it went.
- Plan weekly menus. I will try to plan them to use what I have and to take advantage of sales at the grocery store. It will be good to not each so much mac and cheese and helper.
- Check my credit report, and those of my other family members. Everyone is allowed one free credit report check annually. I just want to make sure ours are accurate.
- Exercise three times a week. (This will be the hardest one for me. I am lazy.)
- Consume more water and less soda. My kidneys and my wallet will thank me.
- Hold the mother of all garage sales. I need to do a massive purge – so why not bring in a bit of change at the same time?
That’s my list for now. I know there are more things I could do, and I probably will do them… but you have to start somewhere.
What are some of your resolutions?