I had the best of intentions when I wrote “ice projects” on my calendar this month. I had planned to find a couple of great ideas on Pinterest, try them myself and share the results in a post.
Well, life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans. Things got busy, I realized that I still hadn’t done the projects, and so I set out to try a couple of ice creations on Tuesday. My goal was to create some ice globes and some ice luminaries.
Just one little problem: It hasn’t been cold enough to freeze anything! And my freezer is too full to get a project in there right now.
So rather than wait until everything is frozen solid outside, I thought I would share with you a round-up of posts for creating your own works of ice. These are projects done by real people who had REAL success.
- Susan at Oh My! Creative shows how she makes beautiful DIY Holiday Ice Lanterns using a 2-liter soda bottle, cranberries, and greenery.
- Mad in Crafts combines the concept of making ice globes with luminaries to create beautiful fire and ice lanterns.
- Resurrection Fern creates beautiful hanging art with lace and ice.
- Hurrayic shows how to create adorable “glass” balls made using water balloons and food coloring. She has some great ideas that make this project easier.
- Alison at How Does She? has a fun family tradition of creating a reindeer ice wreath. She also has ideas for other things you can use to create the wreath.
- Mom to 2 Posh Lil’ Divas teaches how to make cool ice art for little hands.
- Briton Loves It shares how to make simple gorgeous ice luminaries using simple items you have around the house.
- Practically Living does a new take on the ice luminary with her stained glass ice luminary.
The best part of these Pinterest projects is that they don’t cost much money. Just water, cold temperatures, and a few odds and ends and you’ll have some beautiful ice creations.
Now, I continue to wait with frosty breath for my own projects to freeze. In the meantime, please follow me on Pinterest. I’d love to know what inspires you!