It’s that time of year again… when Minnesotans take a break from a year of complaining about the cold to complaining about the heat for two weeks.
All kidding aside, it can be tough to stay cool without breaking the bank, particularly if you live in Southern locales.
We’ve got ways to beat the heat on a budget. Check them out:
- Beat the Heat the Frugal Way Great tips to keep cool in every area of your life, including how to make your own homemade slip ‘n slide.
- Save Money, Be Green, and Stay Cool This Summer Strategies to keep cool that help the environment, too!
- Cool Meals for Hot Summer Evenings Don’t heat up the house making dinner! Try these ideas instead.
- Healthy Treats to Help You Keep Cool Avoid all those preservatives and food dyes with these ideas for cold, healthy treats.
- Things to Consider Before Buying an Outdoor Pool When you’re trying to beat the heat, it can be tempting to buy an outdoor pool. Read this before you buy – you just might find a less expensive alternative!
- Cheap Trick: Keep Ice Cream from Crystallizing The last thing you want when it’s hot outside is crunchy ice cream. Try this trick I learned at an ice cream shop years ago.
Your turn: What are some ways you stay cool in the summer months without busting your budget?