Good news for bargain hunters! Target will now price match online retailers.
Target announced yesterday that Target will match prices from online retailers such as Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, and Target.com. This is in addition to the price-matching policy it already has with brick and mortar stores.
Target offered the online store price match over the holiday season and has decided to continue the practice indefinitely, which is good news for those of us who like a deal.
To get the price match, you’ll need to show a Target team member the price on your mobile phone or on a printout from the online retailer and then they will verify it in the store.
There are a few details you should be aware of before you try to price match:
- The item you are trying to price match online must be identical to the one in store.
- Items that are advertised online as limited time/limited supply/limited quantity are excluded. (So no Amazon Lightening Deal matches, folks!)
- Prices from third party sellers (like on Amazon) are not eligible for price matching.
- Clearance, closeout, and open or repackaged items are not eligible for price matching.
- Matching isn’t allowed on non-branded items or services like the Target Portrait studio, or on cell phone plans.
- Online price matching is not allowed in Alaska or Hawaii.
- Target team members can’t use their discount when price matching.
- Be sure to read the new online price matching policy to learn all the details.
The good news is that like store-to-store price matching, you can still use coupons when matching online prices. This may make some of Amazon’s great grocery and household deals available to Target shoppers.
If you’re planning to do some price matching, you may want to budget a little extra time at Target to make sure it all goes smoothly. Be sure to refer to the Target price matching policies for additional information.
I’ve had very good success with Target’s traditional store matching policy, so I’m hoping that the being able to price match select online retailers will help me save even more.