Tomorrow is Cyber Monday – the day when online retailers across the globe offer some of their best deals to mall-weary shoppers.
Here are a few tips to finding the deals on Cyber Monday:
1) Know where to look. Look at the websites of trusted online retailers like Amazon, Overstock.com, and Woot, as well as retailers with online sites such as Walmart and Kohls.
2) Always make sure you are shopping at websites that have a secure connection. If you don’t feel safe shopping online at a particular website, don’t! Many online sites also have toll-free numbers you can call to place your order.
3) Look for codes before you purchase. Check out sites like freeshipping.org, Rather Be Shopping, and Retail Me Not for online discount codes at thousands of merchants.
4) Take advantage of rewards. Use a credit card that will earn you money back for your purchases and save. Shop through a website such as Ebates and save even more. Check out Evreward for tons of great cash-back rewards.
5) Be prepared for slow connections. When lots of people are trying to get the hottest deals, even the best internet sites can crash. Be prepared for long waits and delays. Try to do your online shopping at off-peak times (early in the morning, late at night, or when most folks are busy at work).
6) Sign up for Priceprotctr. If an item you purchased goes on sale after you bought, many merchants with price protection policies will refund you the difference. Priceprotectr will alert you when the price drops on what you’ve bought.
7) Don’t just buy something because it is a really great deal. It doesn’t matter whether you’re shopping online or in a mall: it’s a not a deal if you don’t really need it or can’t afford it.
Leave a Reply