When it comes to Valentine’s Day, most people have visions of couples eating a candlelight dinner in a fancy restaurant.
But for a lot of us, that vision disappears when kids enter the picture. It’s hard to think about spending a week’s grocery budget (or more!) on a night out when you’ve got little ones around.
That’s why we’ve put together these Valentine meal ideas for families. We’ve pulled together some great meal and dessert recipes for you to share with all of your loved ones and stick to your budget. And remember, the kids do go to bed eventually!
Valentine Meal Ideas For Families
- Mini Heart Pizzas from The Nerd’s Wife.
- Tortellini Soup from Stockpiling Moms.
- Heart Shaped Pancakes from One Creative Mommy.
- Slowcooker Recipe: Heart Shaped Turkey Meatloaf from Mom on Dealz.
- Melt in Your Mouth Steak Marinade from Simply Darling.
- Cheesy Heart-Shaped Breadsticks from Sisters Saving Cents.
- Heart Hard-Boiled Eggs from Drugstore Divas.
- Creative Kids Lunch Box Ideas for Valentine’s Day from A Mom’s Take.
And of course, Valentine’s Day would not be the sweet day it is if not for all the sweets! Check out these Valentine’s Day dessert ideas:
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake from Food Done Light.
- Chocolate Valentine Kiss Cookies from The Kitchen Is My Playground.
- Salted Caramel Brownies from Thrifty Jinxy.
- Strawberry Brownie Trifle at Confessions of an Over-Worked Mom.
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Gooey Cake from The Country Chic Cottage.
You don’t have to spend a lot of time or money in the kitchen to show your family a little love for Valentine’s Day. Remember that candy conversation hearts can spruce up ordinary brownies or cupcakes. Heart-shaped cookie cutters can turn every day foods into a special surprise.
Create a beautiful and thrifty tablescape for your Valentine’s Day meal and it will make anything you serve for dinner seem special.