One year ago today, I had the ultrasound that showed I was having not one, but TWO babies. When you find out you’re having twins, you feel a mix of emotions. You feel doubly blessed. You question why you bought a Ford Focus.
One of the best pieces of advice came from a friend of mine, who suggested finding which businesses have programs for parents of multiples. I did some web research, and with a few phone calls and letters, snagged some great stuff for the babies.
Here’s a list of some of the things I got for free just by asking:
- Gerber – coupons for baby food and sippy cups
- Huggies – $9 worth of coupons for any Huggies products
- Pampers – $6 worth of coupons for diapers, $3 for other Pampers products… and for some reason, they also sent an $8 Iams coupon for dog food???
- Luvs – $8 in Luvs coupons and a coupon for a free jumbo pack of Pampers.
- Sassy, Inc. – Two pacifiers and $4 worth of coupons for Sassy products.
- Earth’s Best – Coupons for four free jars of baby food, free samples of lotion for me, plus a big bunch of coupons.
- Beech Nut – a whole book of coupons and a booklet with recipes that use baby food.
- Nature’s Goodness – Coupons for four free jars of baby food, a free box of rice cereal, a free jug of juice, and other discount coupons.
- Evenflo – 6 baby bottles with standard nipples, plus 6 extra orthodontic nipples, and two sippy cups, and two teether toys.
- First Years – Two sippy cups and two soft teether books.
So, if you or someone you know is having twins or more, tell them to call or write to companies that sell products for babies. You will be pleasantly surprised at these companies’ generosity.